Legends of bandits, splendid views and small villages full of charm where there is still produced that since the time of the Arabs is considered the best raisin in the world.
The municipalities of Totalán, Comares, Cútar, The Borge, Almachar, and Moclinejo integrate the 62 kilometers of this route in which the special weather conditions allow vineyard fields flourish, whose fruits will become raisins. This ancestral craft, whose master is the sun, develops in the drying raisins, the characteristic paseros, always oriented to the south and settled on the hillocks and broken axarquía landscape. It is noteworthy the marked handcrafted elaboration of this fruit, and the creation of parties to feast such a precious product as the Fiesta del Ajoblanco in Almáchar, the Viñeros in Moclinejo or the Pasa de El Borge.
The famous "muscatel" sweet wine, famous as well as appreciated, is handcrafted from the raisins themselves. This wine has a characteristic perfume (floral) that has this variety of grapes, due to certain essential oils that are in the part next to the grain film, and that differentiates it from other sweet wines.
Within the folklore it is obligatory to refer to the verdiales of Comares, which differ from the other two styles (Montes and Almogía) for having a faster rhythm of execution. Comares verdiales pandas have a more than proven quality in each of their actions and are a reference for the region of the Axarquía. There are parties that take us back to another time, such as the monfí festival in Cútar where the Andalusian culture takes center stage and participants are invited to wear the clothing of this era. Another appointment we have in Totalán with chanfaina
The particular orography that these villages present served as a refuge for bandits like "El bizco del Borge", one of the most feared outlaws. As the bandolero did, it is recommended to visitors of this route to get carried away by these places to discover, always with a supply of raisins in hand, the picturesque and charming villages of Arab origin that make up this route.
- Visit its different museums: the Pasa in Almáchar, the Bandolero in El Borge and the Wine in Moclinejo.
- Admire the wonderful views that are contemplated from Comares, balcony of the Axarquía.
- Know one by one each and every one of the towns, where we will find a rich gastronomy and dream accommodations prepared for the visitor.
- In Cútar, enjoy the Monfí festival that takes us to a municipality converted into an Andalusian souk.
- In Totalán highlight the Fiesta de la Chanfaina that is celebrated in November and the one of May the Horse.
- Axarquia Costal del Sol
- Vinomalaga, Malaga Wine Regulating Council